Thursday, September 3, 2015

Fall Flashback: {Snapshots from our home last fall}

Good morning!  Since I am still not giving in to pumpkins and wheat bundles just yet, I thought it would be fun to share a few "flashback" pictures of our home last fall.  Don't get me wrong, I am so ready to adorn our home with little white pumpkins, my favorite, but I am holding out for a little longer!

Last year, I decided to add small touches of fall to each room.  As mentioned above, I am a sucker for white pumpkins so they were sprinkled throughout our home.  I also stuck with the natural theme and just added a few new things to what I already had.  Pinecones are always a fall staple around here and are great to use throughout the winter months! I loved our home last fall, it felt cozy and warm so I plan on repeating the natural "theme" this year.

This vintage inspired crate from HomeGoods was the perfect find for unused space in our kitchen. I love decorating it for each season! This vignette was literally thrown together using several things I already had and then I added the real, white pumpkins to finish the look.  It is totally normal to put a seagrass pumpkin in a cake stand...I decided!


I love the look it added to the space and created a festive vignette that is visible from the dining room, too!
 
 
I added a few pumpkins and cinnamon sticks to this area.  It is amazing what a difference a few items can make. 
 
 
Little white pumpkins also made an appearance on our breakfast nook shelves...
 
 
Our breakfast nook all ready for fall...
 
 
Our chalkboard is changed up often...it is a great way to add a personal touch to any space.  I love the rustic, barn-wood frame on this one I got at HomeGoods!

 
More small pumpkins added a pop of orange to our breakfast bar...there is no such thing as too many pumpkins!
 
I cannot wait to add touches of fall to our mantle. It will be the first project for me this year.  I keep a natural theme year around using driftwood pieces, candles, branches and fern sprigs.  I love these jars from HomeGoods...the wire adds a nice texture and they are great to keep up all year!  I am thinking cotton stems would be a great addition for fall!
 
 
Hope you enjoyed the fall flashback!  I am so excited to decorate this year and cannot wait to share our fall home tour with you!  Now if the weather would just cool down, we would be all set! 

3 comments:

  1. Hi Lindsay, I just LOVE everything about your kitchen! It's so warm and inviting. A lot of times I see white kitchens, and they just seem so sterile and glossy--if that makes sense. What are the details of your backsplash, wood floors (type/finish) and cross-back bistro chair (where you got them/finish)? And where did you get the patisserie sign, little plate display and the chalkboard? Wish I could find all these gems at Homegoods!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The backsplash is travertine! The floors were custom done...raw wood installed then hand scarped and stained a mix of 2 stain colors. You can search "x back dining chairs" in my search bar and will find several options for similar chairs. The sign and chalkboard came from Homegoods. The huge plate rack was purchased from an antique dealer...it is about 6 feet tall! ;) Hope that helps!

      Delete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS